The original Charter Articles allowed were items A through H of Government Code Section 6100 of the State of California. Some of those articles were never used and became latent under Senate Bill 135 in Code Section 560-36 et. Seq. However, on October 27, 2005, the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) of Imperial County adopted a Resolution providing Salton Community Services the following seven (7) services, within 61100 of the revised act:
1. Collect, treat, or dispose of sewage.
2. Collect, transfer and dispose of solid waste.
3. Provide Fire protection.
4. Acquire, construct recreation facilities.
5. Organize, promote community recreation.
6. Acquire, construct, and improve lighting and landscaping.
7. Provide emergency medical services.