The original Charter Articles allowed were items A through H of Government Code Section 6100 of the State of California. Some of those articles were never used and became latent under Senate Bill 135 in Code Section 560-36 et. Seq. However, on October 27, 2005, the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) of Imperial County adopted a Resolution providing Salton Community Services the following Five (5) services, within 61100 of the revised act:
1. Collect, treat, or dispose of sewage.
2. Collect, transfer and dispose of solid waste.
3. Acquire, construct recreation facilities.
4. Organize, promote community recreation.
5. Acquire, construct, and improve lighting and landscaping.